Associate Professor, University of Toronto
- Neurologist and Director Wasser Pain Management Centre and the John and Josie Watson Pain Research and Education Centre Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario. Gordon directs this academic multidisciplinary, chronic pain management centre with clinical, research and educational programs in Pain and Addiction, Neuropathic Pain, Musculoskeletal Pain, Pelvic and Genital Pain, and Headache and Facial Pain. It emphasizes self management.
- Co Medical Director Function and Pain Clinic, Mount Sinai Hospital. This is an interdisciplinary program aimed at the injured worker (WSIB) and includes physical therapy, chiropractic, psychology, occupational therapy. Linked with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- University of Toronto Centre for the Study of Pain (Founding Member and Member of the Executive Committee). He helped develop and deliver the unique and acclaimed interprofessional undergraduate curriculum for Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Dentistry and Occupational Therapy
- NET Grant: Determinants and Consequences of Pain and Fatigue in Osteoarthritis (OA) using a Biopsychosocial Approach (Newly Emerging Teams Grant from CIHR). Duration of Funding 5 years (Jan 2004-Dec 2008) Amount $1,495,170 . GA Hawker (PI) C0-investigators: EM Badley, M Gignac, AM Davis, S Romans, A Gordon
- Jim Henry PI Community Alliances in Health Research and Knowledge Exchange (CAHR). Funded by CIHR A Gordon is a co-PI . $500,000 per year with $70,000 per year to the Wasser) 2007-2012
- Neuropathic Pain Database, A Multicentre Observational Database. Funded by Pfizer Canada Dwight Moulin PI A Gordon Site PI.. $250,000 per year 2008-2011 for 3 years.
- d) Needs Assessment of Women with Sexual Pain Disorders. Dr. A Gordon PI and Dr. Ruth Corbin. Funded by Eli Lilly 2010-2011 $50,000
- The Prevalence of Pelvic Pain in Women Chronic Headache Dr A. Gordon PI and Dr. Christine Lay Funded by Merck 2010-2011 $25,000
- Gordon A.S., Panahian-Jand M., Melgari, C., McComb F. and Sharp S.: Vulvar Pain Survey. J Sex Marital Therapy. 29(1):45-58., 2003” and “Gordon A.S.: Clitoral pain: The great unexplored pain in women. J Sex Marital Ther 28 suppl 1:123-28, 2002”
- Nickel JC, Tripp D, Gordon A, Pontari M, Shoskes D, Peters KM, Doggweiler R, Baranowski AP. Update on urologic pelvic pain syndromes: highlights from the 2010 international chronic pelvic pain symposium and workshop, August 29, 2010 Kingston, Ontario, Canada Rev Ural 2011; 13(1): 39-49’
- Gordon A, Rashid S, Moulin D, Clark A, Beaulieu A, Eisenhoffer J, Piraino P, Quigley P, Harsanyi Z, Darke A: Buprenorphine transdermal system for opioid therapy in patients with chronic low back pain Pain Res Manag 2010 15:169-78’
- Nijjar S.S, Gordon A, Clark M.: Entry demographics of migraine patients to a tertiary care pain clinic Cephalgia 2010 Jan 30 (!) 87-91
- Lal S, Prasad N, Ryan M, Tangri S, Silverberg MS Gordon A, Steinhart H Cannabis use amongst patients with inflammatory bowel disease, European J. Gastroenterology 2011 July 26 (Epub ahead of print)