- Director of the Neuroplastic Training Institute. Toronto
- Adjunct professor at the University of Toronto at the Music and Health Research Collaboratory. Health and Music performance.
- Specialist focusing on Occupational Health and Safety in musical performance.
Dr. Farias is a researcher in the field of neuroplasticity uncovering and publishing new information which has led to his being able to develop new training procedures which boost the learning experience in musicians.
- Farias J, (2012). Intertwined. How to induce neuroplasticity (Galene Editions).
- Farias J, (2010). The biomechanics of guitar playing. An injury prevention guide. (Galene Editions).
- Farias J, (2006). Rebellion of the Body (Galene Editions).
- Farias J, (2004). Playing without Practice (DVD Original Future Sounds), a method designed to prevent and treat musician’s Focal Dystonia.
Martin Lopez T, Farias Martinez J. (2013). Strategies to Promote Health and Prevent Musculoskeletal Injuries in Students from the High Conservatory of Music of Salamanca, Spain. Med Probl Perform Art 2013; 28(2):100–106.
Farias J, Yoshie M. Treatment efficacy in an ecologically valid neuropsycological treatment program of 120 professional musicians with focal dystonia. Galene Editions. Amsterdam 2012.
Farias J. Risk Factors among Orchestral musicians. A Psychosocial intervention program. Rev Seg. 2010, 169, 18-38
Farias Martínez J ,Sarti-Martínez MA. Elite musicians treated by specific fingers motion program to stimulate propiceptive sense. Spanish Society of Anatomy. Alicante (España). Proceedings p 110. European Journal of Anatomy.
Farias Martínez J,Ybáñez García D, Pérez Torres F, and Sarti Martínez, M.A. Risk Factors, Muskuloskeletal Disorders in Elite Flamenco guitar players. EULAR 2005 . Annual European Congress of Rheumatology . Viena. Publication: Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64 (sup. III).
Farias J, Rosety M, Carrasco C. Prevention and nonsurgical treatment of repetitive strained injuries in Pianists. Universidad de Cadiz-Departamento de ciencias morfológicas. Programa de medicina y ciencias aplicadas al deporte. Doctoral Thesis.
Farias J, Ordóñez F.J, Rosety Rodríguez M. The influence of the active range of movement of pianist`s wrists on repetitive strain injury. Eur J Anat, 7 (2):75-77 (2003) ISSN: 1136-4890.